Apply for new SASSA card online. The SASSA Debit MasterCard card can be used anywhere MasterCard cards are accepted, and grant recipients can make purchases, check their account balances and withdraw cash at till points without incurring transaction charges at selected South African retailers. Recipients can also withdraw cash at any ATM, which does however attract transaction charges.
- Go to: https://services.sassa.gov.za/Account/Register
- Fill out the user registration
- Provide your personal details such as your name, surname, ID number etc.
- Provide an email address as well as your phone number.(make sure that your contact details are updated and you use them regularly as you may receive communication from SASSA on it)
- Provide a password, which you will make use of when signing into your SASSA account.
Once you have registered an online SASSA account you will be able to sign into it and apply for grants.
All applicants need to be South African citizens, permanent residents or refugees living in South Africa.