Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality (BCMM ) will be going on the road during the for the Indigent registration Campaign- to assist underprivileged citizens with access to subsidized municipal services.
BCMM will also be undertaking a revenue roll-out campaign in order to assist customers in addressing municipal billing and meter reading related matters.
The Metro has identified 40 locations that will be part of this campaign as part of its mandate of improving the lives of the citizens of the City and truly living up to its “A CITY HARD AT WORK’ mission.
WHO BENEFITS FROM THE INDIGENT SUBSIDY?
A household of the Metro with a total income equal to or
less than 83,61:10 per month, an account holder staying in
the house and not owning more than one fixed property.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
Ask for an indigent application form from your nearest
municipal office. Complete and ask for the signature of your Ward Councillor and submit together with the supporting documents listed below.
WHAT BENEFITS WILL YOU RECEIVE?
• 6 free kl of water
• 50 free kWh of electricity
IP Up to R572.14 discount on other municipal services
If you have already registered as indigent you will need to re-apply at our site visits in March 2020. Before you re-apply, you roust pay off any money that you owe to the municipality.
WHAT TO BRING
IF YOU ARE EMPLOYED –
- Proof of identification book/card)
- Proof of income earning less than the threshold income (R3,600)
- Proof that you receive a disability grant or pension
- A bank statement for the last three months or a sworn affidavit confirming that you do not have a bank account
- A bond statement for the last three months or a sworn affidavit declaring that you do not have a bond account
IF YOU ARE UNEMPLOYED –
- Proof of identification (ID book/card)
- Affidavit confirming that you are unemployed
- Affidavit that you have no other source of income or
- Proof of pension if you are a pensioner
DECEASED ESTATES –
Please provide the following certified documents
- Letter of executorship from the Master’s Office, or
- A will registered and accepted by the Master’s Office, or
- A next-of-kin affidavit from the Master’s Office.
MUNICIPAL ACCOUNT PAYMENTS, QUERIES AND METER READING
BCMM Property Owners or Municipal Account Holders are encouraged to make use of this campaign and visit the offices on the dates as indicated on the reverse side of this leaflet in order to;
- Pay outstanding municipal account debt
- Make arrangements to settle debt owed to BCMM
- Query your account
Provide your latest meter r