Qualifying Conditions for for UIF Maternity Benefits
- The application should be made prior to the birth of a child or within twelve months of birth of the
- The contributor must be receiving less than the normal remuneration whilst on maternity leave.
- Benefits are payable at a flat rate of 66% to a female contributor. for confinement or the period after birth of a child.
- Maternity benefits will be paid for a maximum of 121 days.
- In an event of a miscarriage or a stillbirth. benefits are paid for a maximum period of 121 days.
- A contributor must have been employed for at least 13 weeks before the date of application for maternity benefits.
Requirements for for UIF Maternity Benefits
- 13 digit bar coded/Smart card RSA ID, passport or asylum seekers permit.
- Banking details Ul-2.8 form.
- Declaration in respect of remuneration received whilst on maternity leave. A completed UI-2.7 form.
- The application Ul-2.3 form.
- Doctor’s certificate for expected date of confinement or after childbirth, the birth certificate.
- Follow-up UI-4 form will be issued.