Qualifying Conditions for UIF unemployed benefits
- Application to be submitted within 12 months of termination of service.
- Benefit payable from the date after termination of service.
- Benefit payable if employer terminates services of the contributor, or contract of service has expired.
- Benefits not payable in case of resignation. unless a case of constructive dismissal is proven
- Claimant to register as a work-seeker with the Department of Employment and Labour.
- Subject to credits. benefits can be paid far maximum of 365.
- Contributors who lose income as a result of reduced working times, can claim for unemployment benefit.
Requirements for UIF Unemployed Benefits
- 13 digit bar coded/Smart card RSA ID. passport or asylum seekers permit.
- Banking details Ut-2.8.
- UL19 form.
- Salary Schedule.
- Registration as work-seeker.
- Periodic continuation form (UI 4A ) to be submitted on monthly basis.
- Incase of voluntary severance package or early retirement. a U! 2.11 form is required.