Need a loan today? Apply online and get it end of dayGet up to R150 000 in your account on the same day. Our online loan application is your shortcut to a smoother path ahead. Apply now, and let's help you overcome the challenges and reach your aspirations sooner.
You can check if your drivers license is ready for collection in South Africa via the via the NATIS online web portal or via SMS service. You have a limited time to collect your driver’s license and if you do not collect it within 90 days it will be destroyed. If you recently applied for a licence renewal or are waiting for a new one, it may be , waiting times may vary between locations, and not all Driver’s Licence Testing Centres (DLTCs) notify individuals once their cards are there.
Apply for same day cash loans online »
Please note that you will need to bring your South African ID number and your driver’s license receipt when you collect your driver’s license card.
Here are some additional tips for collecting your driver’s license card:
- Make sure to check the NaTIS website or visit a DLTC before you go to collect your card. This will help you to avoid making an unnecessary trip.
- Bring your South African ID number and your driver’s license receipt when you go to collect your card.
- Be prepared to pay a collection fee. The collection fee varies depending on the type of driver’s license card that you have applied for.
- Collect your card at the DLTC where you applied for it.
Check my drivers Card licence status online South Africa
Check my drivers license status in South Africa online using the following procedure:
- Visit the NaTIS Website on https://online.natis.gov.za/#/
- Click on the “Query Driving Licence Card” link in the home page.
- Fill the application with the following details and click on the “Next” button
Select the Identification Type
Enter Your Identification Number
Enter Your Surname
Enter Your Initials
How to check Drivers License Status SMS
To check via SMS, SMS your ID number to 33214 and you will receive your response. Please note that this is not a Government service and therefore not free.
You will get one of the following outcomes
- Application Received – meaning the application has been received
from the DLTC and not yet processed.
- Production Queue – meaning the processing and manufacturing of your
card is in process.
- Produced and Ready for Collection – meaning that, the card has been
produced and the card will be ready for collection in 14 days.
- Problem Card – There is a problem with the production of your card,
and you must return to the testing centre.
- Dear applicant please contact your center for details regarding your card – This means you need to call the nearest Drivers License Training Centre where you applied and they will be able to assist you further.
Drivers License Renewal Responses
When you query for the status of your drivers license either online on the eNatis Website of on SMS here are some of the responses and their meanings
- Request doesn’t exist or not received/ Unknown ID: It means your application isn’t submitted for this ID number
- Request received by CPF: It means the request for of renewal the driving license has been received
- Request in processing Zone: It means the system is working on it, and your request is in progress.
- Request approved and posted: It means your renewing driving license request has been approved, and the renewal status is updated.online.natis.gov.za Booking Online Applications
NATIS PrDP Renewal Online Booking
Your card has been produced Kindly collect card at testing centre in 21 days
Can someone else collect my drivers license in South Africa?
How long does it take for a Drivers license to be ready for collection?
It takes four to six weeks for a license to be ready for collection from the licensing centre. You will receive an SMS when your Drivers license is ready for collection
Can someone collect my license on my behalf?
If you can’t collect your new licence yourself, you can ask someone to do it on your behalf. All you need to do is a certified copy of your ID, a certified copy of the person collecting on your behalf’s ID and an affidavit explaining that you have permitted them to receive on your behalf as you can’t do so in person.
What is the fine for expired drivers license in South Africa?
Fines for expired Drivers Licenses start at R500.
Drivers licence collection requirements
You will need to take along your current driving licence card and valid ID.
My drivers license expired 2 years ago South Africa
There is no legal requirement which compels motorists to renew their driving licence cards immediately after they expire. You can renew at any time with no penalties. If you renew your driving licence after the expiration date, you will have to apply for a temporary license while it is still valid.