SASSA makes use of a card payout grant system which makes it possible for beneficiaries to withdraw their grant payments from a South African Post Office (SAPO) or any ATM of the major banks in the country.
You can request a SASSA Card balance enquiry on a Child Grant through the following methods
- at SASSA cash pay-points, free of charge;
- Dial the ussd code *120*3737# from your registered phone number.
- through the Call Centre on 0800 600 160 (toll free from a landline);
- at participating stores, free of charge;
- at ATMs at normal bank charges; or
- at non-participating stores at normal transaction costs.