You can only report minor damage road crashes online on online.natis.gov.za . If you indicate that there were injuries or fatalities, you will not be able to proceed with the transaction. Please go to your nearest SAPS station. This is to be done within 24-hours of the accident occurring or by the end of the first working day following the collision. ou can only report crashes with a minimum of 1 (one) vehicle and a maximum of 4 (four) vehicles.
The output will include an online Crash Report (CR) number that will be emailed or sent to you by SMS. The CR number can be used for the submission of insurance claims. It is an offence if you do not report a crash within 24 hours.
How to report a Motor Vehicle Accident Online in South Africa
- Visit the official website of National Traffic Information System NaTIS online.natis.gov.za
- Click on the “Report Crash” tab in the menu bar.
- Read the terms & conditions carefully and click on “Accept & Continue” button
- Fill the application with the required details.
- Finally click on “Submit” button to complete your report.
The reporting of the crash service is free. RTMC reserves the right to charge entities or persons to access the data at a later stage.