NSFAS Allowances for 2022. The bursaries not only cover registration and tuition fees, but also make provision for other annual allowances. In 2022, these allowances amount to:
- An Accommodation allowance depending on what is charged by the college or university (private accommodation costs cannot exceed costs of halls of residence or institution-provided hostels).
- A book allowance of R5,200.
- A living allowance of R15,000.
- A personal care allowance of R2,900.
- A Transport allowance of R7,500 (no further than 40km from the place of study).If you reside in an urban area, you will get R24 000 per year from NSFAS allowance. Those that stay in the peri-urban area will be given R18 900 per year under the allowance system. Additionally, those staying in a rural area are entitled to R15 750 per year as beneficiaries, for their accommodation allowance.
- NSFAS Transport Allowance
Beneficiaries in this category are getting R7 350 (up to 40 km from the School) via NSFAS allowance, to help their cost in moving from one place to another.
- NSFAS Personal Care allowance:
This was really recently introduced to assist students in paying for toiletries, which is so thoughtful of the administrators. You will get R2 900 per year to take care of these responsibilities.