online.natis.gov.za Learner’s Licence Test Booking for scheduling a date and time to sit for a Learner’s Licence Test or to do a practical Driver’s Licence Test at a specific test centre.
How to book for a Learners licence online
- Visit the official website of National Traffic Information System online.natis.gov.za
- Click on the “Book now for Learner’s Licence Test” link in the home page.
- Select Your Licence Type and Category
- Fill the application with the required details.
- Click on “Submit” button to complete the registration.
You can apply for a Learners License at the age of 16 years or older, you may obtain a code 1 learner’s licence, which will allow you to drive onl
- a motor cycle type vehicle with a maximum engine capacity of 125 cc
- a moped where pedals are available to assist the engine or motor
If you are the holder of a valid code 1 learner’s licence and 18 years old or older, you may drive a motor cycle type vehicle with any engine capacity. At the age of 17 years or older you may obtain a code 2 learners licence which will allow you to drive any motor vehicle excluding
- motor cycle type vehicles
- any motor vehicle of which the tare exceeds 3 500 kg
- a bus or goods vehicle of which the gross vehicle mass exceeds 3 500 kg
- an articulated motor vehicle of which the gross combination mass exceeds 3 500 kg
At the age of 18 years or older you may apply for a code 3 learners licence which allows the driving of any motor vehicle, excluding motor cycle type vehicles.
Once you have obtained a learners licence, you may drive the type of vehicle for which the learners licence is valid, however, you must be accompanied by a driver licensed for the specific vehicle, except in the case of a motor cycle because a learner driver may not transport another person on a motor cycle.