Payment Dates For Older Age Grant July 2022. The expected payment dates for Child Support grants for Monday 4 July 2022. The Old Age Grant is R1,980 and for people older than 75 years the grant is R2,000.
If you’re unable to collect the money yourself, you can appoint a SASSA official, or give someone power of attorney to collect the grant on your behalf.
Requirements for SASSA Old Age Grant
- If you are a woman or man 60 years or older you can get a monthly old age grant payment from the government.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa.
- You must be living in South Africa at the time of applying for the grant.
- You cannot get a monthly old age grant payment from the government if you are in a state institution (such as a state old age home), in a state psychiatric hospital, getting care from a state treatment centre, or getting state care for a drug habit.
- You cannot get a monthly old age grant payment from the government if you are already receiving another social grant.
- Your financial situation needs to be below a certain level to get the grant. A means test, which changes every year, is conducted regarding your income and your marital status.
- You must not earn more than R86 280 per year or own assets worth more than R1 227 600 if you are single.
- You must not have a combined income of more than R172 560 per year if you are married, and you and your spouse must not have assets worth more than R2 455 200.
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) and the Post Office (SA Post Office) assures social grants beneficiaries and the general public of South Africa that social grants beneficiaries will continue to be paid their grant money on time every month.
There is no need to rush to withdraw cash on the first day.