Need a cash loan today? Apply online now
Minister of Finance Enoch Godongwana announced changes to SASSA social grants in on Wednesday 22 February 2023 for the 2023/2024 Financial year budget.
Apply for same day cash loans online »
The increases effective April 2023 are as follows
- Old Age Grant will increase from R1985 to R2085
- Old Age Grant for those over the age of 75 will increase to R2105
- War Veterans Grants increase to some R2105 from R2005
- Disability will increase R2085
- The Foster care grant increases to R1125
- Care dependency Grants increase to R2085 from R1985
- Child support grants increase by 5.2% to R505
- Grant-in-aid increase R505 – up by 5.2%
- SRD grant will remain R350
The Child and old age grants constitute largest proportion of the SASSA grants budget at almost 70%.