- Application for benefits must be made within 6 months that the contributor ceases to work because of
- Benefits are paid from the date on which the contributor ceases to work and becomes fully or partially unpaid because of illness.
- A medical certificate must be submitted to confirm the period of illness lasting longer than seven days.
- Benefits that are payable is the difference between what the employer pays and rate that is prescribed in the benefits schedule of the Unemployment Insurance Act.
- Claims are paid to a maximum of 365 credits days which is accrued for the period contributor work and contribute, Maximum credits of 365 is paid once every 4 years.
- The employer must also declare as to whether the contributor on sick leave will be obtaining fully or any remuneration whilst on leave.
REQUIREMENTS FOR UIF BENEFITS APPLICATION
- 13 digit bar coded/Smart card RSAID, passport or asylum seekers permit.
- Banking details UI-2.8 form.
- Declaration in respect of remuneration received whilst on illness leave. A completed UI-2.7 form.
- Doctor’s medical certificate.
- Follow-up form UI-3,