Need a cash loan today? Apply online now



The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is currently accepting applications for student loans in 2024, specifically targeting the missing middle student demographic. We strongly urge eligible students to complete their applications within the designated 2024 NSFAS application period, as the deadline for submissions is set for February 15, 2024.

Stop and apply for a cash loan online. Borrow from R500 to R10 000 »
Apply for same day cash loans online »


Same day Cash Loans Online

Multiethnic group of young students standing together, education and youth concept

How to Apply for a NSFAS Loan

Initiate your financial support journey by following these straightforward steps:



  1. Visit the NSFAS website.
  2. Select the ‘myNSFAS’ button.
  3. Opt for ‘Create a profile’.
  4. Fill in the necessary fields accurately.
  5. Log in to your newly created profile.
  6. Submit your application promptly.

In a significant move, Higher Minister Blade Nzimande launched the initial phase of the Comprehensive Student Funding Model earlier this month. This forward-thinking model aims to extend student loans to individuals classified under the “missing middle” category.

These students come from families with an annual income ranging from R350,000 to R600,000. Despite being considered too affluent for NSFAS bursaries, they grapple with the financial challenges associated with tertiary education.

NSFAS Loan Requirements

To qualify for an NSFAS missing middle loan, applicants must meet the following criteria:

Additionally, NSFAS missing middle loans will prioritize Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs, making up 70% of beneficiaries. The remaining 30% will be allocated to Humanities and social science programs.

Upon approval, students must sign a NSFAS loan agreement. Crucially, high academic performance can lead to the conversion of up to 50% of the loan into a bursary, providing significant financial relief on their educational journey. Seize this opportunity to invest in your future—apply now!