You can apply for SASSA Child grant online via the SASSA online services portal. An added advantage of convenience is that you can have Online submission of the required supporting documentation linked to the application.
To access this service, applicants need to have an email address to sign up and to be able to login for further services. Feedback to applicants will be sent through SMS notification to applicants with no email addresses and an email response will be sent to applicants choosing to be contacted by email. A receipt will be generated when the application is completed.
How to apply for Child grant online
- Log onto : services.sassa.gov.za
- Click on the Register button.
- Fill in the electronic form pop-up.
- The form has the following fields :
- ID type
- ID Number
- Full Name
- Cell phone number
- Password (choose a suitable characters that you can always remember)
- After entering all these data, click on save.
- Go back to homepage and click on login.
- Enter the email address and password used to register.
- To apply for a grant, click on “Apply for a Grant”
- Select your preferred category of grant you want to apply
- Fill in all the requirements and upload necessary documents and submit
Documents Required for Child SASSA Grants
- Your ID book Your child’s birth certificate
- The ID of your spouse (if married)
- Proof of income and assets such as bank statements
- If you do not have an ID or your child’s birth certificate, you can still make an application. You will need to produce a sworn statement or affidavit. SASSA will help you with the forms you need to complete these.